Monday, April 6, 2009

The Son's Visit

Well, he came, he saw, and he conquered: my son's trip was a resounding success. He ate a Chicago Connection Pizza, raided his mother's fridge and ransacked his father's new confuzer. Like I said the trip was a resounding success. The only thing missing was the traditional mind-if-I-do-my-laundry bit, but then, he would have had to carry the dirty stuff on the airplane and that would have been too much for even ol' Josher. But God, it was good to see him. He's grown into a handsome young devil. He's 6'4" and 200+ pounds and eats like there's no tomorrow. I don't see him much now that he's moved to Portland and is living with his brother and wife. They have their thing going [which I'll blog some on one of these days] and everyone is busy. They don't have time for Ma and Pa as often as we would like them to, but that's part of growing up I guess. I remember when I got out of high school and on my own, the parental imprinting began to fade also. Oh, I loved the old folks, but I had real important things to do...much more important than hanging out with a couple of fossils. The good thing about being a parent is you don't have to parent much anymore when they move out, the bad part about being a parent is you don't have to parent much anymore when they move out. Ah life, ain't it grand? The irony of it all... The Rockin Johnny B

No comments: