Sunday, April 19, 2009

News

I forgot. The Knights Band is starting up again...kinda like the spring resurrection. Me and ol' Hen are trying to get our chops back and get back in shape. //Did I mention I'm old? Hen's old too, but we still cook. We've been doing Rockabilly music since it was a new phenomena. [circa 1956] //I don't know if I have mentioned it, but last winter [did I mention I hate winter?] I was involved in a battle with throat cancer. During this time I didn't feel like practicing my music and now I'm slow and kinda clumsy. Slowly I'm getting the feel back. Hen teaches guitar and mandolin and is always in shape. However, even he has a problem with picking within the parameters of 'band' music. Meaning, you have to play in time and with the rest of the band. //This year, my son Matt will be playing tubs and singing harmony with us. He's a welcome addition. Matt is probably one of the best 'Rockabilly' drummers I've ever played with. He has a natural feel for this music. //Anywho, we are back into it. I hope y'all get a chance to see us in action this year. I'll post our gigs on this blog, or if you are on my email list you will automatically get a posting of gigs. //Love ya all. July 4th: Melba Fireworks, Melba, Idaho, 9 PM to 1 AM. July 30th: Gem County Fair, Emmett, Idaho, 9:30 PM August 15th: Council Mountain Music Festival [Early evening]

No comments: